Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Finally another Finish!

Finally I have a finish to add to the tally of the Winter 2012 - UFO Group!
It’s my Mini Springy Batik.

In the end I used it to practice free motion quilting and serged the edges instead of binding it (as it’s not much bigger than a FQ). I may bind it down the road, but for now my little human is plenty fine with it not being bound ;) I enjoyed doing the FM quilting but can’t imagine doing it on anything much larger with my current set up :(

In action already! :)


Front


Back


As you can see it’s not much bigger top to bottom than my ironing board.

Now to decide how to quilt Baby Lola's stack & whack quilt. Seeing as going the FM quilting route isn't going to be very straight forward at this point, due to my current sewing set up :(

2 comments:

  1. That has got to be one of the BEST photos of a finished project EVER! I'd like to share a Liebster Blog Award with you for such creative photography on your blog.

    Details about the award can be found at the following post on my blog:

    http://thejoyfulquilter.blogspot.com/2012/05/liebster-love-awarded.html

    Happy Quilting!
    The Joyful Quilter

    ReplyDelete